Wednesday 26 October 2005

blogging in the neighborhood

Let me say this...I never expected this to happen.

Six years ago, I was talking on the internet with a guy from Michigan (where I was living at the time) and ended up in a long conversation with a man from Nova Scotia. Things progressed, and I ended up marrying the boy from Canada.....and that's how I view the internet, as a vast universe where I can reach out and talk to people from far away. People are reading this page from different countries- Switzerland, Germany, South Africa, California, places I've never heard of. (Where is Slovakia, after all?) The internet is a echoingly huge and incredible place.

That being said, not many people around me know I have this blog. A few family members and friends from the States, that's all. It's not a secret, you see, but something I just haven't brought up in conversation. I'm beginning to test the waters of blogging - I like it very much so far, and thought I would use it to talk to people miles and countries away.

One of the first people to comment on my blog has turned out to be my neighbor. Neighbor as in around-the-corner, down the street neighbor. I'm thrilled and astonished that this could happen - that out of all the blogs in the world, she just happened to walk into mine (okay, bad quote. But who could resist?) and looking forward to chatting with her and getting our daughters together for a playdate.

So, howdy, neighbor!



The internet is a vast and huge space - with a wicked sense of humor.

4 comments:

Major Bedhead said...

It's one of those weird, kinda creepy six degrees things. I've been reading this woman's blog for a while now. She has type 1 diabetes and is a great writer. Turns out she lives in Rhode Island and as a kid, went to the same endocrinologist that my daughter now goes to.

It's almost enough to get me humming "It's A Small World After All..." Almost.

Lily'sMama said...

Hi there - another interesting thing is that I met my husband on the internet as well! How about that! We will have to get together someday and let the little ones have a play - Lily loves other babes and kiddies! I will send my email address and phone # to your email address.

Tessa said...

Greetings from California!

He he...

Lily'sMama said...

Thanks for the compliment - I think Lily is gorgeous too! Ha! I didn't know that our sitters are sisters - is Tracey your sitter? She never mentioned that - I know she looks after kiddies in Port Medway - Stacey looks after Lily and she is great with her - so convenient to have someone come here instead of having to take Lily and all her gear out! Look forward to "officially" meeting you!

~Denise~

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...