Friday 4 November 2005

finding a new place for my little guy

It's a piss-poor day here at the daygobys.
Our sons day care is disbanding - in two weeks he will be cast afloat without the net of teachers, helpers and friends he's loved for almost three years - people who have helped him learn and really enjoyed him - and made me enjoy being his mom a little more, too. They were the ones who caught that he was a little slow to do new things, who pushed to have him tested and helped me find resources to help him overcome his fine motor problems. They gave me tips on how to survive the potty training marathon, suggested ways to introduce Cass to the idea that he was going to have a sibling, and remembered every day what new and wonderful thing he had done or said that day.

I will miss them. He will be heart-broken.

What am I going to do?

1 comment:

Lily'sMama said...

Oh, that is sad! Finding good childcare is such a hard task and once you have done so, to lose it is even more heartbreaking. We are very fortunate to have Stacey that comes here to our home to look after Lily - she is very good with her and Lily really likes her. It is much easier to head off to work when you know your child is safe and happy and you are not having to constantly worry about how your child is doing. I guess I have no ideas about what to do, just wanted to sympathize with you. Hope you are able to find something else that works for you guys soon!

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...