Saturday 31 December 2005

mama, don't let your babies grow up....

From the back seat of the car:

Cass: What's a New Year?
Me: It means the old year is over and the fresh new year is beginning. In the New Year we will have a little bit more winter, then spring and summer and fall. See, I was born in 1971, your Daddy was born in 1969, you were born in 2001, and Rosey was born in 2004! Tonight, it will be a new year! 2006!
Cass (mulls this over) I'm still four though, right?

He so wants to be five. I'm not sure why that's the magic number, but he's wanted to be five as soon as he got used to saying that he was four.

I looked at Rosey last night - she really isn't a baby anymore. She's a grand sturdy toddler, gallumphing around and getting into things, feeding herself and making choices - when did this happen?? Soon she'll be out of diapers and her crib.

This year went fast.

1 comment:

Lily'sMama said...

I feel the same as you - where has the past year gone and where have these babies gone? Lily is growing so fast and getting into EVERYTHING! I was talking to Jamie at work the other day and he said just wait until she is walking! Ah, the fun! LOL I held a 12 day old baby at work on Friday - I miss having that little baby! I certainly didn't think that I would since Lily was kind of a cranky baby who nursed ALL the time for the first 2 months. I thought that I would never get a shower again! Ha! Now, it seems like soooo long ago - and from what I am told, the rest of the years will fly by as fast as this one has!

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...