Sunday 12 February 2006

all dressed in white

I feel horrible.

My best friend (since sixth grade!) is getting married, and she's asked me to be in her wedding.
And I have to refuse.

To make it worse, she was my maid of honor. She helped me arrange my wedding and did everything she could for me, and now I can't say yes and be sure that Bear's vacation will work out to the right time.

There are also some medical procedures that should be scheduled right around then, so that adds another layer of uncertainty to the mix.

I'll try my damnedest to be there, but I can't promise, and she needs time to find someone else.

It was a really hard letter to write. I'll call her in a few days, when I think I can talk to her without bawling.

Growing up (and all the responsibility) isn't always fun.

1 comment:

Tessa said...

Oh, that's really hard.. Seems like she's far enough away to where you'd have to fly? I hope things work out for you, that you may be able to at least attend if not be in the procession.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...