Friday 28 April 2006

10 jobs I'd really, really like

swiped from blackbird, and joke, and vickee....


1. Museum curator (at the Smithsonian would be my first pick, but I'd love the small places too) Wouldn't you love to pick through all the items and know bits and pieces about all the ...well... bits and pieces?

2. (Up-scale) Diner owner. Great coffee, soup and pie of the day, napkin dispensers and a honest-to-god soda fountain. Kick ass malts and shakes and homemade pasta. The smell of bread baking and an off the wall dessert scribbled up on a blackboard on the wall.

3. Forensic anthropologist. I thought bones were cool before CSI.

4. Bookshop owner. Cheap books, but cozy and intimate. An area for poetry nights and author readings. Perhaps not coffee, but tea and cake.

5. Philanthropist. To give money to small and worthy causes, or support people to achieve their dreams - how fufilling!

6. Paleontologist - I want to dig the dinosaur bones!

7. Park Ranger - outdoors all the time, working with nature. Aaah.

8. Veterinarian (or working with a shelter) - I would love to train animals to work with the elderly in a nursing home. Maybe when the kidlets are older.

9. Pilot - this is a childhood dream - flying is such an exciting thing.

10. Diver. Warm water, gorgeous colors, new discoveries.

6 comments:

Cat, Galloping said...

wow, i'm not sure i could even come up with *one* job i'd really like.

Sweet Coalminer said...

plus, if you were a diver, you could just pee whenever you have to, bathroom-free.

Trina said...

Those sound great! I did work experience in a vet's clinic back in high school and when a mangled-up cat came in, I fainted right into the waiting room. ugh. Also, I have a friend who is a pilot and he absolutely loves it. :)

Suburban Turmoil said...

Ditto on 1, 4, 6, and 7.

MsCellania said...

I'd love most of these jobs too!

But going back to school to do them? Not so much.

But Park Ranger? That would be the best!

blackbird said...

Too funny -
this is a perfect list of 10 things I'd never do!

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...