Sunday 16 April 2006

continuation

My father in law is a pack rat. Bear comes by it honestly.

A few months ago, FIL handed me a plastic bag and told me he found something for the girl. Inside was a princess dress, shimmery satin and lace and tulle - a bit yellowed and aged, but simply beautiful. It had been in one of the outbuildings, waiting for a little girl to dance while wearing it.

I did research on the net. I searched for gentle stain removers. I finally found one on the Everyday Cheapskate website which advocated a lot of water, a small amount of bleach and dishwasher detergent - and swish and swish and swish. Three times I put it through that treatment.

It came out perfectly. The spots, the stains, the age marks.

My sister in law saw it at our house, and recognized it. It turns out Miss Posey's dress was hers.

Thirty five years later, my daughter got to be a princess too.




3 comments:

Angewl said...

How beautiful!!!

That is so amazing that he atill had it and passed it on to Rosey.

Trina said...

What a beautiful dress! :) I also find that soaking really bad, set in stains in Oxy Clean really works well too. :)

Thanks for visiting my blog! Gave me a chance to read your stuff! :)

Major Bedhead said...

A chocolate-covered princess, even. :D

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...