Saturday 27 May 2006

better than halloween

I took the kids in today to a Well-Child Clinic. Between having their hearing and dental health checked, my two charmed people and were given goodie bags with everything from play-dough to toothbrushes to stickers to lotions to books to balloons. This is not to mention the stuff that was given to me: magazines, dental floss, soap samples, fingerprinting kits, and an all-expenses-paid trip to Fiji! Okay, maybe not the last one.

C had his eyes tested, and it turns out despite both his parents needing glasses, The Boy has 20/20 vision ...hmm, maybe there is a reason he always knows where the last pudding is hidden?

6 comments:

MsCellania said...

I think it's a riot that both our doctors and dentists give the boys CANDY for coming in to visit them! And bags of stuff. It's very good psychology, of course, but ACK all the little stuff all over the car, and the stickers stuck on the seats...

And how good to have that over with for a year! How'd Miss Nibs do at the dentist? She's so young still.

Angewl said...

WOW! That is some loot you three got!

Thats great about his vision.

Jess said...

V -

The dentist poked around quickly and told us to make a 'getting to know you' appointment with our regular dentist - she was impressed by the sheer number of (choppers) pearly whites R had.

And yes, my house! Stickers everywhere!Dental floss used as tow ropes for dinky cars! Playdough stuck to the couch!

A - She was impressed. I was falling out of my chair with excitement. He may not have to have glasses! That's so neat!!!

Major Bedhead said...

O has perfect vision, in spite of the fact that I'm as blind as the proverbial bat and the ex-hole wears glasses as well. Go figure.

My float said...

Really? You get bags of stuff? We just get jabs and a hefty bill! Sheesh...!

K said...

Well-child clinic? I wonder if we have those around here...my P.O.S. 'major medical' plan doesn't cover well visits AT ALL after the child hits 5 years old. For $175 bucks a pop, my jerkoff doctor should be giving out Toys R Us gift cards.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...