Monday 19 June 2006

i think my ears are bleeding

Cass never went through that toddler stage where every word out of his mouth was 'why?' We thought we were just doing a great job of explaining everything to him.

We were such fools.

Cass still never asks why. Cass knows. And Cass will tell you. In excruciating detail.

Mama, the dinosaurs? In the movie? They climbed up a big hill but the one fell in the water and the men dug its bones out and now it's in a museum. The museum, is that where we saw the big boats and the fishtanks? I don't remember seeing any dinosaur bones there. Was that part closed? Maybe we left too early. The man at the museum said I could pet the starfish, but I didn't want to. It didn't look like a star. Does that man take care of the dinosaur? The dinosaur would scare Rosey. It had big teeth and a big horn. Did the dinosaurs play games?
Can we go to the museum?? I want to see the starfish again. Do you think there are any dinosaurs in our backyard?




There's oh so much more but I need to go sit by myself somewhere quiet for awhile.....

5 comments:

Canada said...

OMG, it's Corwin!! And he's five and a half, and he still hasn't stopped talking. Clara (his twin sister) seems like a quiet child. It's just that she can't get a word in edgewise! I feel your pain.
Shhhhh. . . .I'm tiptoeing out now

Lily said...

You can find a quiet place to sit??? I'm jealous. We are in the midst of why-land with 3.5 y.o. T right now. I never thought I would be one who would say "Just because!" or better "Because I said so!"

Major Bedhead said...

O is almost 12 and she STILL does this. Only she's relating plots of 15 year-old episodes of Full House to me. *whimper*

Anonymous said...

It's the endless questions that drove me to teach high school instead of elementary school. When a teenager asks me a question and I respond with the appropriate answer or an, "I don't know," the question ends there. I'm not witty or creative enough to deal with the barrage from the smaller people. Especially not a classroom full of inquisitive minds.

Susan said...

Ooooohh, I feel your pain. Sometimes I wonder if Henry would notice if I put ear plugs in.

I doubt it.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...