Saturday 24 June 2006

weekend goodies

  • C, running into the room with a red towel wrapped around his shoulders - "I'm Superman from the planet Chocolate!"
  • R eyes the sleeve of saltines. "Kuh! Kuh!" Then, with a definate A-ha! note to her voice, warbles "Kwak-ahhh!" This is the new buzzword - I can hear her singing it softly to herself in her crib now, still with the surprised intonation and the long ahhhhh!
  • I'm staying mum on the turtle situation. Thanks. Although now I keep giggling to myself about Norwegian Blues. ('E's restin'!)
  • What does one do with three-quarters of a big jar of apricot preserves? I made this terrific chicken recipe, but the kids are unimpressed with it spread on toast (the jam, not the chicken!) and I'm stuck.
  • I was cutting up steak bits today in the kitchen and absent-mindedly patted my hip and whistled Here, boy, so I think my slight wishing for a dog is coming to the forefront.
  • I'd better go. C is shouting bits of the movie he's watching up the stairs (y'know, so I don't miss any) and the movie I hear and the movie he tells me about bear very little resemblence to each other.
  • Oh, and we're out of calamine lotion. Don't ask!!

4 comments:

MsCellania said...

Make thumbprint cookies with apricot jam in the centers! I'll look for the recipe, if you'd like.

And you are the first post I've done since we returned from a week-long trip today. Just to let you know how important you are, and all...

WV is oooozimdw
I think there may be ooze in my dishwasher? Is THAT what that smell is?

My float said...

the cookies sound nice. i was going to suggest adding a few big spoons to an apple pie.

Sweet Coalminer said...

why the calamine lotion?

And how did you come to feed the imaginary dog? I think if your dear husband knew you were hallucinating canines, he might agree it's time you have one.

Anonymous said...

Enough already and get your dog!!

Make the same chicken recipe, but use pork instead. I promise, it'll work.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...