Thursday 17 August 2006

double shift

Today I worked at my job, and now I'm doing the manse bit.

This left Bear at home at the mercy of the Terrible Two.

I was sure I'd get a call at work that someone had thrown up or split their head open or I-can't-find-the-eye-drops - not because he's a lousy father (he's not) but because when the children play with B they are full of joy and in their shrieking happiness (We're playing games with Daddy!) are more liable to do things like leap off couches or run full-tilt into doors or spend hours hiding all the silverware for pirate treasures. More accidents tend to happen.

But things have been good on the home front. I called home a little while ago to talk to the kids before it got too late and Cass was almost incoherent, he was so thrilled that not only had Bear 'fixed' his ride-in car so now it goes faster

(note to self: Must ask B what, exactly, he did, because I am a suspicious old thang, and having my son tell me how he 'whooshs' around now worries me)

and played ball with him in the side yard, now Daddy was taking lots of little cars upstairs for his bath, and camping is tomorrow and....and...I think at this point he was so excited only dogs could hear him anymore and he slung the phone back at B and scampered off.


R fought off the evil pink eye (one goopy eye two days ago, two goopy eyes last night at midnight when she woke up but no goop this morning) and has been asserting her individuality by changing clothes. Her father said there has been a veritable fashion parade going on with Miss Posey today. He oohed and ahhhed over at least six outfits R tossed on and even found her some hairbands to match a few. (Sssh - he likes to act like a tough guy, but Little Girl can wrap him around her finger just by batting her eyes.)

And by now they must be in their little beds.

He'll be in bed by the time I get home too, I'm sure. All the ball-playing and hair brushing and diaper changing and clothes washing and feeding and baths for both will have tired him out.

Thanks, honey.

4 comments:

Angewl said...

What a wonderful dad!

Sounds like every thing was under control on the home front.

WTG B!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful time!

Are you sure R is fighting off pink eye and doesn't have a sinus infection? One time I thought the BoyChild had pinkeye and when I took him to the doctor they said it was leaking from his sinus. I felt bad for not bringing him in sooner.

Suburban Turmoil said...

Sounds like a great day. Whattaguy!

Anonymous said...

sounds great. for a way too much information, and i'm not sure if it applies to you, but a little squirt of breastmilk cures pink eye - almost immediately.

sorry for the grossness.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...