Friday 25 August 2006

a lake ten miles long

Today we were up early, dressed and out the door, and did a few errands - then Bear had an idea - let's go for a picnic!

So we went to Ten-Mile Lake.


Gorgeous, no? The wind was a bit chill in the shade so the kids didn't run around as much as they wanted to, but we all ate and talked and relaxed for a bit. Cass saw some squirrels and R fell off the picnic table (and came up smiling) - all in all a good outing!

There was one curvy tree near our picnic table that looked like a woman fixing her hair, ready to stride forward into the party.


A pretty spot and one we'll come back to, I'm sure - I'd love to take the family swimming there.


After that, we took the long, scenic way home and went along a few of those rutted old roads that don't seem to lead anywhere...and discovered a huge patch of blackberries. The plan for tomorrow is to come back and pick enough for some jam....hopefully the boy and girl won't eat them all!
They were very enthusiastic about 'sampling' today.

So what are your plans this weekend?

6 comments:

Angewl said...

what a lovely day!

Love the pics. beautiful views. I can TOTALLY see the woman fixing her hair!

MsCellania said...

I Love that hair-fixing-tree. Good eye for catching that.

Yum. Blackberries. Make sure they wear blue! And bring your skeeter repellent.

Dh is working all weekend, so it's me and the boys.

Anonymous said...

I love the lake and L O V E the Lady tree. Today I went to the vet for Banjo's booster shot, cut fabric, and then went to our favorite hangout to watch a show. Tomorrow we're just going to laze around.

Anonymous said...

Chill in the shade? CHILL IN THE SHADE?????!!! Oh my God, it was 103 degrees here today. The heat index was 105. I would give my right boob for some chill.

MsCellania said...

Here's some chill, wordgirl. It's COLD here this morning, and going to Rain Like Hell.

Which is wonderful. We've been hot, muggy (which is totally weird, as this is semi-arid climate zone - high sierra) and No Rain.

My float said...

Oh beautiful day!

(hey, the word verification made me laugh - it was "doday".

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...