Monday 4 September 2006

happy (cold and wet) labour day, everyone!

It's raining. And cold.

Astonishing, because today is the day before school starts. I remember running around in shorts and sandals every year, incredulous that THIS was supposed to be fall and that tomorrow the summer would be gone.
We used to go to the beach as an-end-of-summer tradition, and it would feel like any other endless summer day, with only the faintest pall of tomorrow-won't-be-like-this surfacing as the sun began to go down and the wind blew cooler.

This year? It might not be so hard to get those grumbling children out of their pj's and onto the bus - after all, who wants to play in the rain?

4 comments:

MsCellania said...

It's getting really chilly at night here - Fall is In The Air, definitely.
But the days? Are gorgeous and perfect and 80 degrees. The sun is warming our faces, and the sky is so blue it makes you smile.
We'd like a little more rain, but will settle for perfect.

And Youngest put ON an entire costume today! And even asked me to zip it. I was so excited I forgot to take a picture. But maybe he will try it again soon.

Trina said...

Crummy! It's hot and somewhat muggy here today. I'm in a tank top and shorts. I love summer - I'm always a little (ok, a lot) sad when fall comes. I can't appreciate the leaves turning colour because I know that snow, cold and ick will be next...

Angewl said...

I have been cold all evening and rainy all day. I can not believe it summer is over! waaaahhhhhhh

Anonymous said...

Jealous... 107 degrees. I am so sick of HEAT.

Kat

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...