Wednesday 22 November 2006

five books meme

1. Take five books off your bookshelf.
2. Book #1 -- first sentence
3. Book #2 -- last sentence on page fifty
4. Book #3 -- second sentence on page one hundred
5. Book #4 -- next to the last sentence on page one hundred fifty
6. Book #5 -- final sentence of the book



1. Ooof, these are heavy. (How has my night-table not caved in?)

2. Book #1 - It's not ordinary for a bare-chested man wearing jaguar teeth and owl feathers to grace the pages of The New Yorker, but these are not ordinary times. - Biomimicry, Janine Benyus

3. Book #2 - 'You'd better get it out of the way before the children see it.' - Going Solo, Roald Dahl

4. Book #3 - 'I am angry nearly every day of my life, Jo; but I have learned not to show it; and I still hope to learn not to feel it, though it may take me another forty years to do so.' - Little Women, L.M. Alcott

5. Book #4 - The next day he came out wearing a long rubber glove and a bowler hat. - Mama Makes Up Her Mind, Bailey White

6. Book #5 - You would have sworn that round the snowy cliffs you could hear crashing chords of Beethoven echoing in the wind. - Slay-Ride, Dick Francis

I know this has already been around once, but I didn't do it then! I tag all y'all who want to play.

3 comments:

A. Nonny Mouse said...

That is very cool! I will do this tomorrow. I wasn't sure what I was going to write about, so you've saved me.

Jeanne said...

I second that.

Anonymous said...

I came here via Four Legged Furry Penguins. This is a great meme.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...