Monday 1 October 2007

suddenly, someone laughed

Last weekend B finished a project I've been hounding asking nicely for him to finish for some time now. Then we called the cable company and had them move our cable hook-up to downstairs, moved some things out and some things (furniture) in, and set up our computer in the livingroom.

As opposed to the hallway or (ahem!) bathroom, where it's resided for nearly three years (since Pinky came to be, natch.)

I was pretty sure the computer would be next to the bathtub until the kids were old enough to use it, so this has (thrilled) surprised and delighted me.

Except I keep forgetting B's there, and then nearly shooting out of my chair when he comments on the television. For years now, once the kids go to bed, he's upstairs, I'm downstairs.
Or vice-versa.

But now, I have company. And it's nice. We're talking about the news, our days - even our terrible taste in tv... things we did before, but much more comfortably and with much less speaking over the kids that happens at the dinner table.

And to think I hated the idea of having the computer downstairs. In the way.
Actually, it's kind of fun. Now that someone's laughing.

9 comments:

Angewl said...

That is so great!

So I no longer can make fun of, I mean ask if you are in the potty (sorry. lol) while chatting or typing?

Way to go B!

Unknown said...

awwwww that's so sweet

M&Co. said...

I like having the computer where everyone is, watching tv or doing homework or whatever. The problem is when I need to actually concentrate, it can sometimes be a bad thing.

velcro said...

we've done something similiar in that MrV's study is in the loft and we've bought a couch and a comfy chair to go up there too so I can sit up there with him as he works in the evenings, and actually get to see him. There's no tv but that's ok cos there's never anything on, but we have a DAB radio we can listen to instead. It's turned it from being rather a creepy room at the top of the house to a cosy, private family room that I love

Anonymous said...

I know I'm sometimes inattentive, but it's never occurred to me that you might have been in the bathroom while posting before...

Sarah Louise said...

laughing is good. Happy de-lurking day.

Anonymous said...

Computer in the bathroom...

Now THAT's something I've never considered. Not that there's anything wrong with it.

angelfeet said...

I'm glad I didn't know the computer was in the bathroom - I would have worried about you electrocuting yourself. Sounds really cosy now.

Jeanne said...

I would love to have a computer in the diningroom or livingroom too, because here, there are two of them (a dinosaur and a relatively new one) and they are both in the basement. So come evening, Hubby is usually watching TV and I am usually either putting the last of the kids to bed, or downstairs at the computer. I don't watch much TV, so if he's watching it, I don't hang around, because you don't interupt people who are watching you know? Also, when I'm in the middle of some project, it would be nice to have the computer right beside me. Okay, what I really need is a laptop... :)

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...