Wednesday 12 December 2007

and onto a more sickly note

Oh hell, they're all falling like dominos.

Bear has a bladder/kidney infection thing going on.

B:It hurts! It hurts when I pee! This is wrong!
Me: (thinking of the umpteen bladder infections I have suffered in silence) Yes, honey. I'm sorry. Did you try drinking cranberry juice? (subtext: Like I told you three days ago to do?)
B: No.
Me: Oh. Yeah. They burn like a bitch, don't they?

And upstairs, I hear the girl beginning that barky/croupy cough which seems to herald the arrival of strep throat (again, damnit).

I'm waiting now for the boy to fall out of bed and break his thumb. Or something of that sort. Because lord knows I wouldn't know what to do with a full night of sleep.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grouchy goes along with sickly... I hope things get easier and you get a full night's sleep soon.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Umm. Sorry to intrude but it is uncommon for men to get bladder infections so it is best to get a doctor's opinion on this.

Jess said...

C, don't worry - he's going this morning.

jAMiE said...

Mmmm, i do love cranberry juice...i hope he is doing well.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...