Monday 17 December 2007

is that the date already?

Christmas gets more and more complicated each year.

This year, I'm knee deep in wrapping paper, stunned-scared I've forgotten someone, and absolutely (oh God, NO) sure (please don't make me) I'm going to have to make a trip (whimper) to the mall.

Next year, I've already told B (although that may have been the eggnog talking) each of the kid is getting two gifts. I will study them. I will make sure they're perfect. Those two gifts will be wowie-zowie-knock your socks off. But TWO.

(Oh, come ON! Between Santa and the multitude of relatives, these kids are NOT being neglected.)

And I'm leaning dangerously close to tossing my hat in the ring and saying 'Gift cards for everyone!'
(Which still feels like a cop-out to me. Blame my upbringing. My mom is a great gift-giver, always the perfect thing. It's hard to live up to.)

I wish I was crafty. But I'm just....not.

And Christmas looms bigger every day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No kidding. My husband won an iPod at his company Christmas party. The main gift I got for him was a different version of that iPod with accessories. Now all he has is goofy little crap stuff...

Christmas does loom large -- and I thought I was done with the shopping. Of course it wouldn't be that easy.

blackbird said...

Gift cards for everyone.
Spanglish - take the iPod back and get him a dock...

Anonymous said...

You know, money is always the right colour and the right size. At least my kids think so.

Angewl said...

I admit I am the one still out hoping for a store to be open Christmas Eve night. I always forget something or someone, or have to wait for more money. ugh....

jAMiE said...

My cards maxed out and more gifts to buy...looms large indeed. I bought Tim and iPOD too...had it engraved for free online where i bought it, i hope he'll like it.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...