Tuesday 3 June 2008

here kitty kitty kitty

This is our new foster kitty. Her name was Minette when she got here, now she's Minou/Cookie/Patches/Kitty-Witty/ the little one/Squeak. (We do our best to make sure all foster animals leave with a complex and aren't quite sure who they are.)
She's not shy at all and is usually squeezing her eyes shut and purring.
Here she is snacking on small boy. NOM NOM NOM NOM. Ice cream fingers= devoted kitty.
Isn't she a beauty? Now she needs a forever home. Fostering is something we like doing - the kids get to meet and pet and play with all sorts of animals, and we get to help nice cats and dogs be adopted.

Local? Call 902-350-2444 for information on Minette, or to inquire about fostering. The SPCA brings you food. They bring litter. They will pay for any medical problems and to have the animal spayed. And you get to have a lovely, purring kitten on your lap for a little while.

9 comments:

Woman in a Window said...

How nice! Too bad our dog would eat such a nice little treat, er, I mean kitty. I was just thinking today about the cat at the vet's office that probably needs a home...the one when I dropped Foxy off...the one over there in the corner so content to just still be alive. Good on you for helping!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful kitty! I wish I could, but it just won't work in my present situation. Good luck in finding a new parent.

Stomper Girl said...

She is lovely, And I hope she finds a nice home.

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful cat. I am deathly allergic to them for some reason. Not dogs or horses, just cat's and bunnies.

Is it hard to foster pets? I would get soooo emotionally attached.

You found me! I had to disappear for a while because of some drama, I am back now, incognito =)

Angewl said...

OH MY GOSH!!! She is so adorable!

I want her. lol

Is it hard to give them up?

Elizabeth said...

Well you are a stronger lot than we are. We tried fostering. That's how we acquired cat number 5. As my husband says, 72 hours in the house and they are ours.
So then I volunteered at the Humane Society to bottle feed the abandoned babies. Tempting, as those little balls of fluff can fit into your pocket. Ask me how I know.
All weak, push-overs raise your hands.

mamatulip said...

She's gorgeous! I love her colourings.

kimmyk said...

very cool that you do that.

i'd be afraid i'd get attached to the animal though.

glad there are people like you though.

trinity67 said...

I love the spot on her nose!!!

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...