Saturday 12 July 2008

'cause I'm a-leavin', on a jet plane...

I'm starting to pack, and getting so excited...

Not having the funds nor the inclination to go to the Mother Of All Conferernces, (BlogHer) I'm instead going to BFF.

Watch this! I'm going to BFF - I leave from YHZ, fly to ROC (with a stop in YYZ), spend the night in NY, meet up with MB and OLFB in NF, spend two days smiling and talking (aka R&R), drive back to NY, spend some time with the DAD, then fly back to YHZ (via JFK) and see my FAMILY. It's a week of acronyms!

I'm also starting to freak out about how much stuff I do automatically for the kids that B doesn't know about. So (lucky man!)I'm making B a schedule, and writing down things.

(This isn't a minute-by-minute reckoning - I really want them to feel like they're on vacation and having fun with Daddy - more of a 'tball starts at six, and C has a library thing on Mondays, and there's a party that both kids are invited to on Sunday sort of thing.)

And wondering way back in my head if I can go without goodnight kisses from my bebes for six whole days.

But the company of interesting, vibrant people will go to dull that ache pretty well. Oh, and wine.

9 comments:

Major Bedhead said...

Wheeeeeeeee!!!

Oh shit. I forgot that I have to pack. *sigh*

Books, though. I get to bring several books. Yippee!!

Anonymous said...

The only ones I recognized were YHZ and MB.
I know you will have a wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

Have a great time, where ever it is that you are going!

Anonymous said...

Wine cures all sorts of aches.

blackbird said...

Have fun!

Woman in a Window said...

Wow! 6 days! You're gonna have such a great time and then you're gonna ride your dull ache for your chickens all the way home. Your gonna step in the door with arms open wide, they're gonna jump all over you and then start the bickering and whining and regular complaining all over again and THEN you will be truly home. Ah, to be home. Oh ya, go and have fun!

Chantal said...

LOL I read this sentence

"I'm also starting to freak out about how much stuff I do automatically for the kids that B doesn't know about."

I was all, "Kids he doesn't know about... he has kids he doesn't know about?" Then I read it again and laughed and gave my head a shake. LOL I think I need a vacay of my own :) Have fun.

A. Nonny Mouse said...

I can't wait to see you!

And am SO BUMMED that the BFF thing didn't work. BUT! Still very* excited that we get to meet in ROC.

*I actually typed that with 2 r's and then corrected it. I think I might actually prefer it as "verry". Verry excited = more than just very excited.

Or maybe I just need to get out more.

motherbumper said...

You are going to have such a blasty blast blast.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...