Tuesday 13 January 2009

backstage pass

R is busting out all over. In the past few months, she's become interested in cooking, dancing, painting, babies, playing a mean air guitar, and singing.

B and I registered her for school next year. Mah baybee! (sniff) She's so excited. This means she'll be 'in Cass's school, Mama! All the time! And I get to ride the bus! And bring my own water-bottle* in my backpack! And have recess!' and then she jumps up and down for awhile and hugs herself, so overcome with the wondrousness of it all that she can't stay still.

Today she brought home a fistful of drawings from pre-school. B and I were looking through them and making appropriate ahh- and oooh noises when we noticed something.

Rosemary has rock-star handwriting.

Can't you just picture this on a CD cover?


We knew she'd grown up fast. But we weren't prepared for her to start signing autographs.



*This bears explaining - Cass has a very cool camouflage stainless steel water bottle, and R is enraptured with it. After a few teary days we bought her her own. (Not camouflage.)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

*sigh* This reminds me - I will be enrolling my girl for kindergarten in the next week or two as well... Ahhh!!!

Rosey *totally* has rockstar writing. Love the R almost as much as the funky E. :)

Unknown said...

Just think of how much that will fetch on eBay someday!

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Thanks for sharing this magical moment. I am all smiles.

Chantal said...

My M is starting school in September and he talks about it almost every day.

Unknown said...

She's gonna love it! My DD#1 started JK last September and loves every bit of it. Not sure what going to happen when we have to explain "summer vacation". She'd got everyday if it was possible!

mamatulip said...

I love this. There's the same kind of excitement wafting through the air over here; I just filled out the little slip with Oliver's info and sent it to the school in Julia's backpack.

The handwriting is DIVINE. A true sign of greatness.

Loth said...

For some reason my eyes skipped over one of your carefully placed commas and informed me that R was suddenly into painting babies. She's not, is she?

Pam said...

Oh, if only she keeps being so excited about school! I seem to remember that I went off the whole thing after a few weeks and didn't enjoy it much again till I was about 17...

But that was a long time ago: fierce teachers, boring lessons and so on.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Wow! Heading for school! They grow up so fast...

Woman in a Window said...

It always cracks me up that they get excited about recess when they're on permanent recess before they go, you know?

Stomper Girl said...

Your baybee! That is very cool rockstar writing, I agree.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...