Monday 2 February 2009

day of grace, week two

explanation here

1. This week (and every week, but especially this one) I am grateful for my children - both of 'em, stubborn, crazy-making, and wonderful as they are.
2. Home-made croutons (absurdly easy! and tasty!) on romaine lettuce with fresh-shaved parmesan and italian dressing.
3. A long, good, hard nap. I've been fighting the good fight with this sinus thing for a week now, and today - it beat me.
4. A shiny coffee mug, full of pens and pencils and nail files and scissors. So many possibilities.
5. New books. I got a box of books in the mail and it makes me absurdly happy to think of them waiting for me.

What are you grateful for?

9 comments:

meggie said...

I am so grateful to be able to choose what to eat for breakfast every day of my life. So grateful to have the food, as well as a choice!

Anonymous said...

friends like you and a sunny sky today. ;-)

crazymumma said...

today?

warm dry boots.
the kiss I got from both my girls
that my dog is no longer throwing up
that I can choosenot to read the news and become further horrified
vodka (tonight).

MARY G said...

Ah the box of books. One of the best things to bring grace to a day.

Anonymous said...

Grateful for being warm and cozy inside while the fluffy white clean snow is covering up all of the dirty yucky gray snow. It looks so pretty out there!

Anonymous said...

nice list! i love new anything but especially books like you. moisturizer for my face does it for me too...

http://momofboxer.blogspot.com/2009/01/contest.html

motherbumper said...

Mmmmm I love #4 and please share the deets on the croutons please :)

Chantal said...

Right now I am thankful for my sinus rinse!! (Sorry I know that is sick, but dam it its the truth)

Loth said...

The hot buttered toast I am eating, the hot tea I am drinking and the fact that my children have found the headphones for their Gameboys again so there is (almost) silence!

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...