Monday 6 April 2009

day of grace, week ten

1. Giggling with my husband. We took a long drive this afternoon to look at the risen river levels (picture taken upstream)

and Cass was in a talkative mood. Babble, babble, babble...
I was answering questions from the backseat while R and C talked to each other and over me, enjoying themselves and laughing.

'No, Cass, there aren't any sharks in the river.' I opened my mouth to go into how sharks were salt-water fish, and blah blah blah......

B rolled his eyes. 'Oh, but there are, Jess.They only eat chatty little boys. They have a better flavour.'

2. Seeing that the young beaver behind us (or his friend - there are two now!) is making himself at home:

This makes me absurdly happy. I love that we can be so near these wild animals and they can just go about their lives, not minding us....

3. The sun. Glory be, we had a spring-like day today! We ran around in shirtsleeves, exposing our paleness to the sun and turning our faces up into the warmth.


4. Budding scientists. Mentos rockets are cooool, Mom!

Why yes, son, they are.

5. Water. And old buildings. With sunshine. I'm becoming a water rat, aren't I?

9 comments:

Jen on the Edge said...

The Mentos things actually works? I had no idea.

Chantal said...

Those photos are beautiful. I will have to do the Menthos rocket experiment with my kids this summer! We have SNOW today. UGH

MARY G said...

Lovely day and lovely photos. About the beavers, though. If you have trees you value, wrap the boles in chicken wire, or, sure as death and taxes, those are the trees the beavers will target. We had most of a beautiful grove of paper birch cut down by the little wretches.

Mike said...

Great photos, thanks for sharing. Living that close to nature has its ups and downs. Beautiful to see what the animals are up to, not so beautiful when they invade my home space....

Magpie said...

Wow - that Mentos picture is awesome. Almost makes me want to try that...

Woman in a Window said...

Sounds wonderful! Really, especially the sun. So simple yet so satisfying.

kimmyk said...

Beautiful pictures!
I love when kids get all chatty with each other...like little adults.

Mine ramble sometimes and then I gotta shut 'em up...it's mindboggling the things they think of.

Anonymous said...

Oh - I can't wait until our girl is old enough to do the Mentos rocket experiment.

My float said...

What are those rockets??

Loving Bear's comment - I must store that away!

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...