Sunday 31 May 2009

groucho, harpo, chico, gummo, and zeppo

My mother has a fine sense of humour.

Once while (expecting me to visit her) in the hospital, she exchanged her glasses for a pair of Groucho Glasses and fell asleep, figuring I'd see her and get a kick out of it.

She was awakened by a doctor trailing five medical students, who did a check-over and asked her questions about her health, checked her reflexes, etc.

It wasn't until they left she realized she still had the glasses on.


Every few Christmases a pair of Groucho glasses will make the rounds. We all giggle and try them on, but for me it will never be as funny as the day Mom became a Marxist in front of her doctor.

Yesterday at the Spring Fair, both the kids played the fish-pond and brought some home. What better time to chronicle the next generation of social deviants?

8 comments:

motherbumper said...

Nothing like genetic social deviance of a Marx Brothers kind. Your kids rock.

Woman in a Window said...

But so cute nonetheless. Go on, take us over.

Bronwyn said...

My mom would have done that too. I love it. I'm going to have the giggles all night.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Yuk, yuk, yuk, yuk.

Chantal said...

too cute.

Mike said...

Gotta love family traditions, no matter how corny they are...

Loth said...

Cool, sophisticated humour. Love it. WE have a photo of SB somewhere aged about 4 wearing the same thing, only his had the moustache attached too!

Magpie said...

I love that your mother wore those in the hospital. Awesome.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...