Sunday 18 October 2009

buggish

It is a black, drippy night, with wind swells and raindrops flinging themselves at the windows. It's been a tumultuous last few days, as well.

The kids are both sick, so the soundtrack around here has been 'Retching Your Life Away' with a few repeats of 'Mah Head Hurts' thrown in the mix. Today Cass felt peachy as long as his head was not moved upward or too quickly in any direction. My boy and slugs were close kin.

Rosey-Roo has been quiet (a distinctly odd state of affairs 'round here) and pale. The consumptive look does NOT become her. Right now she's sprawled on the couch, having padded downstairs and hiked herself up there after I thought she was asleep, with a muttered 'I woke up' to announce herself.

And now I'm wondering if I should even bother waking them up for school in the morning.

3 comments:

Chantal said...

Oh the season of the sick is upon us. My boys both have nasty coughs but I can't keep them home just yet. I feel bad. But they are fine otherwise. UGH

Jen on the Edge said...

So sorry to hear that the young'uns are sick. Hopefully they'll rebound soon, but will not share the germs with you.

Stomper Girl said...

No, don't wake them. Only send them to school if they bounce out of bed and announce they are starving. Hope you are coping there too Nurse Jess. Sick kids are no fun.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...